Please note: The SROP program is not for students pursuing professional degrees such as law, medical, and MBA degrees. Students who have completed an undergraduate degree are not eligible.
Students wishing to participate in SROP must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale)
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.
- Be enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university in the United States, Puerto Rico, or other U.S. territory
- Have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate education by the time of the summer experience
- Have at least one semester of undergraduate education remaining after completing the summer research experience
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
Selected participants will be expected to complete 40 hours of research each week. Participants must be willing to devote full-time to the program during the eight- to 10-week session. Due to the intense research schedule, SROP participants are not allowed to work an additional job during the summer program.